This case study showcases the PALM Beer Finder App, a mobile application developed by Beeby Clark+Meyler that helps consumers find easy-to-love but hard-to-find PALM beer in stores, bars and restaurants.
- Latis Imports, a US importer of Belgian beers, needed to raise awareness and encourage trial of a newly introduced premium beer brand, PALM Beer, in the New York City market.
- With a limited budget, Latis Imports needed a clever way to inform the target audience about the brand, help them find it in stores, bars and restaurants, and encourage trial.
- The target audience was urban, tech savvy, and highly dependent on their smartphone for entertainment, happenings and information.
Location-based mobile app puts PALM on the map
- Multi-faceted social, local and mobile efforts including social media content strategy, influencer outreach, local event marketing and the development of a mobile app
Social Media & Local Events
- We introduced the brand through hyper-local events and a solid social presence on Facebook
- Consumers gained awareness of the brand and had a place to share their discovery and stay up-to-date with local events
- As the brand gained traction, the PALM Beer Finder app, a Foursquare presence, and a Twitter influencer outreach were all rolled-out
- Utilizing Event Ads, Invitations, FB Custom Tabs, Twitter influencer outreach and Display Media, events in New York City were promoted across social networks
- 100s of ad variations were developed, testing various combinations of imagery and content, to achieve optimal results
- Beer Finder iPhone application on the Latis site, Facebook and iPhone
- The iPhone app (featured below) recognizes a user’s location and displays stores, bars, and restaurants carrying PALM
- The app allows users to save locations to favorites for easy viewing later
- iPhone, Facebook, and website Palm Beer Finder apps increased awareness of restaurants and bars carrying Palm
- Beer and nightlife influencers helped promote Palm to their followers, increasing credibility with the beer community
Increase in Sales
- 45% increase in PALM beer sales in New York City year over year
Growth in Social Presence
- Facebook Fan base increased by over 900%
Successful Local Events
- Focus on local events and promotion drove on location sales
- Campaign efforts nominated for Best Integrated Campaign – OMMA